Before transporting your boat make sure nothing important is forgotten! Here’s the checklist we recommend you use.
(You can download a PDF of this Pre-Transport Checklist, just click the link!)
This PDF contains even more important and helpful information about transporting your boat with Red Foot Haulers.
Power Boat Pre-Transport Checklist
- Secure all hatches/lids
- Secure doors
- Remove all ropes and fenders
- Remove life ring
- Remove barbecues, coolers, etc.
- Secure all items in the cockpit (carpets, electronic covers, etc.)
- Secure/remove sun pads
- Secure antennas down
- Box up all loose items on board
- Secure all interior cabinet doors
- Secure all salon doors
- Remove all canvas and put inside
- If the boat is to be shipped with a tunnel cover on, please be sure that the fastenings are adequate to withstand highway speeds
- Remove ALL tarps from boat (tarps will not withstand highway speeds)
- Remove shrink wrap (shrink wrap is designed for storage only and may damage boat during transport)
- Remove all items extending past the stated length and width of your boat
- Secure anchor with an extra safety strap
- In most cases boats 32’ and up require the radar to be removed (or hung underneath of the arch)
- If the boat has outdrives, stow up at a minimum of 50%
- If the boat is 32’ or bigger and has a fly bridge, in some cases the fly bridge may need to be removed
- Batteries must be disconnected or have switches in off position
- Boats are designed to withstand wet environments. However, in the event of rain, if there is anything you would like to keep dry please stow accordingly.
Download the checklist here.
For even more about our boat shipping check out our main Marine Transport Page.