Before transporting your boat make sure nothing important is forgotten! Here’s the checklist we recommend you use.
(You can download a PDF of this Pre-Transport Checklist, just click the link!)
This PDF contains even more important and helpful information about transporting your boat with Red Foot Haulers.
Power Boat Pre-Transport Checklist
- Secure all hatches/lids
- Secure doors
- Remove all ropes and fenders
- Remove life ring
- Remove barbecues, coolers, etc.
- Secure all items in the cockpit (carpets, electronic covers, etc.)
- Secure/remove sun pads
- Secure antennas down
- Box up all loose items on board
- Secure all interior cabinet doors
- Secure all salon doors
- Remove all canvas and put inside
- If the boat is to be shipped with a tunnel cover on, please be sure that the fastenings are adequate to withstand highway speeds
- Remove ALL tarps from boat (tarps will not withstand highway speeds)
- Remove shrink wrap (shrink wrap is designed for storage only and may damage boat during transport)
- Remove all items extending past the stated length and width of your boat
- Secure anchor with an extra safety strap
- In most cases boats 32’ and up require the radar to be removed (or hung underneath of the arch)
- If the boat has outdrives, stow up at a minimum of 50%
- If the boat is 32’ or bigger and has a fly bridge, in some cases the fly bridge may need to be removed
- Batteries must be disconnected or have switches in off position
- Boats are designed to withstand wet environments. However, in the event of rain, if there is anything you would like to keep dry please stow accordingly.
Download the checklist here.